Friday, May 26, 2006

lots of high quality H2O

Bonjourno! That's what I keep drinking. Lots and lots of water. Sadly though all the bathrooms we can find here in Rome cost money. So mom and I scrounge around in our purses to find 70 cents to go pee. It's an interesting experience, uses a lot of bladder control. I need to drink lots of water because it's so hot here. But we hit the campsite and it's awesome!! It's like this little getaway in the hood of Rome. We were going there yesterday with our packs and everything and felt like I was going to wet my pants. But we found it safely and got put to sleep by italian music. (it was being played live on the decks outside!!!)
Tomorrow we check out, hopefully not too early. Because we need to take a train late in the evening to our next destination. FRANCE!!! Our hotel is a timeshare on the coast of the mediterranean. So I'm really looking forward to doing pretty close to absolutely nothing!!! It'll be great! But it's kind of scary being here and not speaking the language again. But we're making our way. Met a few Canadians and Americans. It's been a good day!
Ciao

5 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

paying to go to the bathroom??? Sucky!

living on the edge of the Mediterainian sounds like awesome! Enjoy yourself... thinking of you!

loves, m.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger S Wilson said...

You trip sounds hella tite. We should have started a bathroom fund before you left.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to warn you about that one. I think I paid about $5 one time because I was so desperate, hopefully it never comes to that.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Kelela said...

I wish I was paying for the bathroom... If it ment that I was in Europe. Ah travelling... So lovely.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of trips to the pay to pee, eh? Quite ridiculous, but they do have those nice ones that clean themselves after every use and there are like twelve different toilet positions. I was always scared I wouldn't make it out of the automatic doors in time and they would start the spray down with me in it. Aie. Hopefully that will never ever ever happen to you.

Looking forward to breakfast and seeing many pictures!
Kara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home