thoughts and food
Do people ever bug you? Well today was one of those days where there were lots of people around me and I wanted to just escape. Sadly being the host family that we are, they were all in our house, not leaving me much of a place to escape to. Don't get me wrong I love hosting people at my house, because that means we get to hang out. But I guess I've just been thinking a lot about all kinds of different things that I maybe need more time alone and time to take my life in.I've been doing a lot of school work now a days. With the first semester coming to close the teachers seem to think we need a butt load of work. Tests are all the time too, plus I've developed a cold so in all not a good combo. So that's been taking a lot of stuff out of me recently. This TV thing has as well. It's hard to not watch TV in my house because surprising as this sounds, we kind of bond while watching. We watch hockey games and Ash and I watch Gilmore Girls and we just hang out. Actually the person most affected by it is my sister, she gets really upset when I have to walk away when she wants to watch Gilmore Girls. My dad isn't too happy about it either because it doesn't have any other purpose but to see if I can do it. So now I'm double thinking it, it's not that I couldn't do it. I'm sure I could, as I've often given it up for Lent and so forth. It's almost worthless because my family doesn't really like it. So now I'm not sure of what to do, and will have to make my decision quickly. Perhaps the biggest thing is to stop watching it when people are over, it seems whenever we have friends over all we do is watch TV or a movie. If you have any ideas let me know, I'm glad to take input.
But I just finished my last pickle and cracker awesomeness so now I'm going to work on my cheap disgusting hot chocolate and theology homework. My life is so exciting,no?
White Hot Chocolate is the best...I should get me some of that.
steph

3 Comments:
Hey Couz
How I love thee. I agree that maybe you should just stop and sit and take in your life so far. That is something that I should have done far more during carmel. It is really good to do. About the whole tv thing... I think minimizing your amount is good but at the same time, you need a real purpose for doing it. Not just to see if you can. I love you lots and hope we can dance soon. love you
tv is okay in moderation. As long as it doesn't get in the way of work you need to do or real human interaction.
When people come over I would say it would be better to hang out and talk or do something more socail... relational. Otherwise your relationship is built on watching tv together. that's silly. But watching tv with friends is cool too... just don't let it get out of control.
loves, m
ps: you must remember that I write this as someone who hardly ever watches tv.
I have to commend your tv efforts. I am so addicted to THE OFFICE that not watching it much actually kill me.
Post a Comment
<< Home